Dorkaholics is excited to announce the launch of its very own podcast! This program will focus on trending topics in comic books, video games, and pop culture, especially when these topics intersect with the world of Asian identity. For our debut episode, we discuss the casting of Simu Liu being as the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s first Asian superhero in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. Liu is best known for the role of Jung in the CBC Television sitcom Kim’s Convenience.
Joining me for the first episode is an original dorkaholics member, Andrew Nguyen. Listen in as we discuss:
- Shang-Chi as a comic book character
- The Mandarin as the villain of Ten Rings
- Our opinion on the casting of Iron Fist on Netflix
- Our reaction to Tilda Swinton being cast as the Ancient One in Doctor Strange
- My strongly held opinions about the movie The Wolverine and its damaging portrayal of Asians, with Andrew calming me down
- Our thoughts and hopes for Ten Rings and what it will do for Asians in entertainment
Email us at [email protected] if you are interested in being part of an episode or would like to make a recommendation for a topic to be discussed.
Music by ninjoi. – Spirited – https://thmatc.co/?l=48AF1E9