Earlier this month, Los Angeles Comic Con, LA’s largest event for comics, gaming, sci-fi, and pop culture wrapped up its three-day con in what was the most immersive show yet in its 12-year history.
“Los Angeles fans deserve a show that represents them and speaks to the eclectic, wonderful and diverse nature of creativity in our town,” said Chris DeMoulin, CEO at Comikaze Entertainment, L.A. Comic Con’s parent company. “L.A. is the creative capital of the world, and we try to offer something that will resonate with you no matter what stripe of fandom you represent — from mainstream pop culture to activations around what is new and emerging, from comics to movies and TV to video games and anime. This year, all the fans, exhibitors, artists, talent, and cosplayers really brought their A-game because the energy at the Convention Center was electric all weekend long — inspiring us to continue to try to improve the fan experience year after year. We’re privileged to serve a community of fans who want to celebrate their favorite stories, creators, games and art with fellow fans and make lifelong memories through our halls.”
Highlights from the lineup of panels at Los Angeles Comic Con 2023 include:
- a spotlight on Lord of the Rings cast members Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd that drew a record attendance of over 10,000 fans
- a Q&A for Harry Potter stars Bonnie Wright, James Phelps & Oliver Phelps
- a celebration of The Office with Rainn Wilson and Paul Lieberstein
- a one-on-one interview with the Doctor Who star Matt Smith
- a gathering of The Girls on The Boys with Erin Moriarty & Karen Fukuhara
- a symposium on Marvel’s recently debuted crossover event, “The Amazing Spider-Man Gang War”
- a panel with Ahsoka actors Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Ivanna Sakhno, Eman Esfandi & Diana Lee Inosanto
“It’s been really exciting to see the fan reaction to our gaming and anime hall over the last two years,” DeMoulin continued. “We doubled down on the scope and immersive elements this year so that gamers know that this event is just as much theirs as any other fan. With their input, we’ll continue to expand these experiences each year to make L.A. Comic Con the most inclusive and fun gaming event in LA.”
Thanks for reading this article!
If you’d like to share your thoughts in reaction to what you just read, then feel free to leave a comment below or click here to submit your own opinion piece. The Dorkaholics Team is always on the look for new, additional voices to join us, share their own unique perspectives, and contribute to the diverse platform we are building in our corner of the internet and pop culture community.