Raise your hands if you knew February 29th was Superman’s birthday. And seeing Kal-El blowing out candles with his super cold breath isn’t the only Man of Steel-related thing we can be looking forward to in the near future.
Later this year during the months of April and May, legendary writer Peter J. Tomasi (BATMAN AND ROBIN, DETECTIVE COMICS, GREEN LANTERN CORPS) will be taking the reins on four different titles featuring the Justice League’s big blue boy scout to work on a storyline called “Super League.”
I’m most excited to pick up ACTION COMICS #52 because we’ll to see pre-New 52 Clark meet face-to-face with present day/current universe Clark. I’ll be honest, I have not been keeping up much with the Metropolis side of things going on in the DC Universe, but for a storyline like this I’ll be sure to stay in the loop with what is happening. And don’t worry Dorkaholics, I’ll be sure to share my thoughts here.
Solicitations for this Superman story:
- SUPERMAN #51, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Mikel Janin, cover by John Romita, Jr. and Klaus Janson, is on sale APRIL 6.
- It’s the start of a new chapter in the Man of Steel’s life that will change everything you know as the epic eight-part “Super League,” all written by Peter J. Tomasi, spans SUPERMAN, BATMAN/SUPERMAN, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN and ACTION COMICS in April and May!
- BATMAN/SUPERMAN #31, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Doug Mahnke and Jaime Mendoza, cover by Yanick Paquette, is on sale APRIL 13.
- In part two of “Super League,” Superman enlists Batman’s aid in seeking out people that can help form his new super-league…
- ACTION COMICS #51, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Fernando Pasarin, cover by Karl Kerschl, is on sale APRIL 20.
- Superman is shocked to learn that Kara has been missing for some time as part three of “Super League” begins!
- SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #28, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Ed Benes, cover by Paul Renaud, is on sale APRIL 27.
- In part four of “Super League,” Wonder Woman and Superman encounter the being that was discovered in BATMAN/SUPERMAN #31.
- BATMAN/SUPERMAN #32, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Tyler Kirkham, cover by Yanick Paquette, is on sale MAY 4.
- “Super League” continues this month as Kal-El’s bid to strengthen his forces brings him, Batman and Wonder Woman into China and into conflict with the might of that nation’s greatest heroes: the Great 10!
- ACTION COMICS #52, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Fernando Pasarin, cover by John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson, is on sale MAY 11.
- “Super League” continues—as two Supermen meet at last: pre-New 52 Superman meets the current Clark.
- SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #29, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Doug Mahnke and Jaime Mendoza, cover by Karl Kerschl, is on sale MAY 18
- It’s the penultimate chapter of “Super League”! When all the Supermen have fallen, it’s Supergirl to the rescue!
- SUPERMAN #52, written by Peter J. Tomasi, art and cover by Mikel Janin, is on sale MAY 25.
- The “Super League” epic concludes in one explosive fight as the new master villain uses Superman’s own solar super flare power against everyone.
Thanks for reading this article!
If you’d like to share your thoughts in reaction to what you just read, then feel free to leave a comment below or click here to submit your own opinion piece. The Dorkaholics Team is always on the look for new, additional voices to join us, share their own unique perspectives, and contribute to the diverse platform we are building in our corner of the internet and pop culture community.