One of the hobbies I’ve neglected but would like to return to and improve in is photography. I first bought a Canon T1i because I wanted to take photos of cosplayers at the events I attend. After a year, I wanted to also break into videos and upgraded my camera to Canon T3i and bought a microphone.
On the recommendation of a friend of mine, Anthony (@apham15), I purchased a 24-70mm lens:
“24 is wide enough for landscape shots, and 35, 50, 70 are covered for portraits. That’s why [you] won’t need another lens.”
When it finally arrives home, I plan on making the most of it and shooting on a regular basis now that I’m living in Koreatown with a nice rooftop patio view.
- Shutter Speed: Stick to using only one shutter speed for a week
- Zoom: Zoom during a long exposure to create a meaningful effect
- Stop Chimping: Practice not checking every photo immediately after capture
- Black and White: This one is self-explanatory
- Aperture: Like the Shutter Speed challenge, but apparently much more difficult.
Check back in here soon, I’ll be posting my images on Instagram as well as here (just like I did for Coachella 2018).
Thanks for reading this article!
If you’d like to share your thoughts in reaction to what you just read, then feel free to leave a comment below or click here to submit your own opinion piece. The Dorkaholics Team is always on the look for new, additional voices to join us, share their own unique perspectives, and contribute to the diverse platform we are building in our corner of the internet and pop culture community.