New York Times best-selling comics professional Francis Manapul is performing double-duty with writing and art commitments at DC Comics. After signing an exclusive contract with DC Comics in 2007, he’s worked a number of different series – Legion of Superheroes, The Flash, Detective Comics, Trinity.
And he’s not alone – Manapul has been fortunate to work alongside his longtime colorist and collaborator, Brian Buccellato. He has received accolades such as the Joe Shuster Award for Outstanding Artist and the Inkwell Awards’ All-in-One Award for artists known for almost-exclusively inking their own interior comic book pencil work and rarely the work of others.
Recent variant cover for Batman Beyond #38
Cover of Justice League #33 where they go up against the Legion of Doom
- written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV
- art by BRUNO REDONDO
- cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
- “The Justice Doom War” part four! Apex Lex Luthor is in ascendance, and he’s taking out the remaining members of the Justice League in the present just as his Legion of Doom is beating down the time-traveling heroes in both the past and the future. Batman, Superman and the rest of our heroes may have just figured out how Kamandi’s timeline works when terrible Hypertime quakes rattle their existence, threatening to strand them far from their own time. Meanwhile, the Flash, Green Lantern and the Justice Society take another leap through time, heading for…ancient Atlantis?
- ON SALE 10.02.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
Teen Titans Cover
Year of the Villain
The variant cover of Titans #36, the final issue in the series
- written by DAN ABNETT
- art and cover by BRUNO REDONDO
- variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
- “Into the Bleed” finale! It’s all been building to this! Witness the battle for the fate of the entire Multiverse as our heroes tackle Mother Blood and her armies of Unearth! Mother’s plan to use the Bleed to spread her power throughout every corner of the fabric of reality has reached its zenith, and she’s pulling out all the stops to see to it the Titans fail in stopping her. But even with Raven’s soul-self reunited, can the team rescue their heavy hitters Kyle Rayner and Steel before it’s too late? Don’t miss this melee of multiversal mayhem!
- ON SALE 04.10.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
Oliver Queen on the cover of Green Arrow #49
Thanks for reading this article!
If you’d like to share your thoughts in reaction to what you just read, then feel free to leave a comment below or click here to submit your own opinion piece. The Dorkaholics Team is always on the look for new, additional voices to join us, share their own unique perspectives, and contribute to the diverse platform we are building in our corner of the internet and pop culture community.