The recently formed Warner Bros. Discovery (spun-off from WarnerMedia by AT&T and merged with Discovery, Inc.) will be making its first in-person presence in three years at San Diego Comic-Con 2022.
As attendees pick up their badges onsite, they will also be receiving their official Comic-Con Bags, which Warner Bros. is returning as the bag sponsor for the 11th year, with two designs created by Jim Lee, currently Publisher and Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics. Each bag will feature two QR codes to unlock fan surprises beginning July 21, Day 1 of SDCC 2022. I.D. Me Promotions produced more than 160,000 for this celebration of pop culture.
With a major family of brands under Warner Bros. Discovery, it’s a full house with all the ones making an appearance this year: Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, DC, HBO, HBO Max, TNets, Warner Bros. Animation, Games, Home Entertainment, Television. Expect panels, behind-the-scenes conversations, activations, and more to celebrate the Warner Bros.’ slate of new and beloved series across live-action, animation, television, movies, comics, and games.
On the comics side of things, DC Comics will be presenting five panels including:
- Jim Lee and Friends to talk about top-secret comics from DC with special guests and surprises
- Gotham will feature a discussion about the Dark Knight’s home moderated by DC Executive Editor Ben Abernathy with Batman creatives such as Ram V, Sean Gordon Murphy, Tini Howard, Jock, and more
- Dark Crisis is the current company-wide publishing event that brings together key talent such as Joshua Williamson, Daniel Sampere, Meghan Fitzmartin, Tom King, and Jeremy Adams to the fans with exclusive details on what’s to come
- Tom Taylor & Tom King in Conversation connects these two Eisner Award Nominees together to discuss writing Nightwing, The Human Target, Supergirl: World of Tomorrow and Superman: Son of Kal-El, and what’s in store for the future (with surprise guests stopping by)
- Comics Are Fun for Everyone will highlight comics, graphic novels, animation, and more from the DC Multiverse that reflect the accessibility and variety for all fans, with DC Senior Editor Katie Kubert joined by Daniel Warren Johnson, Juan Gedeon, Kami Garcia, Becky Cloonan, and Michael Conrad
For gaming, there will be:
- A Look Inside Making of the Gotham Knights Game that features a discussion about the open-world action RPG by the development team from Warner Bros. Montreal including Patrick Redding (Creative Director), Ann Lemay (Narrative Director), Wilson Mui (Cinematic Director), along with actors America Young (Barbie) as Batgirl and Christopher Sean (You, Star Wars Resistance) as Nightwing
- Making a Mash-Up: MultiVersus, a behind-the-scenes look at the free-to-play platform fighter (think Super Smash Bros. but with Warner Bros. characters from DC to Scooby-Doo to Looney Tunes to Game of Thrones) with new details about the game from panelists Tony Huynh, the Co-Founder of Player First Games and Game Director for MultiVersus, and Sheloman Byrd, Executive Producer, Warner Bros. Games, along with MultiVersus actors Matthew Lillard (Scooby-Doo), voice of Shaggy, and Tara Strong (My Little Pony, Teen Titans Go!), voice of Harley Quinn
Taking over the famous Hall H, will be panels and presentations for three series:
- House of the Dragon (the series set 200 years before Game of Thrones)will be unveiled, panel specifics to come
- The Sandman Special Video Presentation and Q&A is exactly what it sounds like for the groundbreaking series
- Riverdale Special Video Presentation and Q&A will be the final Comic-Con appearance for the cast and producers of this series as they enter their seventh and last season
Be one of the first to see the DC Universe original movie Green Lantern: Beware My Power by attending the World Premiere and Panel with an in-depth discussion from cast members and filmmakers.
There will also be an Advance Screening of Harley Quinn Season 3 (Episodes 1 & 2) with limited seating available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Thanks for reading this article!
If you’d like to share your thoughts in reaction to what you just read, then feel free to leave a comment below or click here to submit your own opinion piece. The Dorkaholics Team is always on the look for new, additional voices to join us, share their own unique perspectives, and contribute to the diverse platform we are building in our corner of the internet and pop culture community.