One of the hobbies I’ve neglected but would like to return to and improve in is photography. I first bought a Canon T1i because I wanted to take photos of cosplayers at the events I attend. After a year, I wanted to also break into videos and upgraded my camera to Canon T3i and bought a microphone.
On the recommendation of a friend of mine, Anthony (@apham15), I purchased a 24-70mm lens:
“24 is wide enough for landscape shots, and 35, 50, 70 are covered for portraits. That’s why [you] won’t need another lens.”
When it finally arrives home, I plan on making the most of it and shooting on a regular basis now that I’m living in Koreatown with a nice rooftop patio view.
- Shutter Speed: Stick to using only one shutter speed for a week
- Zoom: Zoom during a long exposure to create a meaningful effect
- Stop Chimping: Practice not checking every photo immediately after capture
- Black and White: This one is self-explanatory
- Aperture: Like the Shutter Speed challenge, but apparently much more difficult.
Check back in here soon, I’ll be posting my images on Instagram as well as here (just like I did for Coachella 2018).